Since most pet deaths occur in veterinary clinics, the clinic staff may provide you with some preliminary information about Pet Legacies. If they do not, you can call us from their clinic or after you leave. If the pet passing occurs at home, please notify us by phone. If your pet has euthanasia scheduled please let us know the time and location of the scheduled procedure. We can arrange to have our pet loss professional pick up your pet shortly after the procedure. No matter what circumstance, our brief checklist will help you along the way.
First Step: Initial Contact
- Contact us by phone at (979) 822-3717 – we are available 24 hours / day.
- When you call, we will ask you these questions:
- What is the name, gender, and breed of your pet?
- Where did your pet pass away? And are they still at that location?
- Who is the pet owner and what is their contact information?
- What is your name and your contact information (if you are not the pet owner)?
- Does your pet have pre-arrangements with Pet Legacies?
Second Step: Completing The Cremation Arrangements
- When our pet loss professional picks up your pet they will have you sign a consent form for cremation. Payment can be made at that time or you can make payment through our web site or by calling us with a credit card.
- Once the cremation is complete, our pet loss professional will call you to set up a delivery time within 48 hours that is convenient for you.
If you have more detailed questions on what steps to take next or if you are ready for us to assist you, call (979) 822-3717 – we are here to help you.